You have a CMS platform that you like but the vendor has come out with a new version – should you upgrade or stay on your current version? To decide whether a CMS upgrade is right for your website, consider the following:
- A platform upgrade allows your site to take advantage of CMS features that may not be compatible with your current version
- Upgrading your CMS usually helps your site become more efficient and saves money down the road
- Upgrades can improve overall site performance by supporting new business requirements with more modern, faster technology enhancements
- A CMS upgrade may disrupt your IT infrastructure, causing freezes or crashing systems.
- Along with a disruption to your IT infrastructure, you may also run into a disruption in your day-to-day business processes if your CMS is down during the upgrade
- Upgrades, like any CMS project can end up costing your company a lot of time and money if not properly handled.
While you may be weighing the pros and cons of a CMS platform upgrade there is one tool available on the market that make ease some of your concerns, Siteport. Siteport helps you upgrade your CMS platform by plugging into the API of your current version and the new version of your platform to make your upgrade quick and simple. By migrating templates, content, site components, and more, Siteport allows you to easily upgrade your platform without having to re-implement your entire CMS. Siteport also lets you avoid IT and business disruptions, while saving you time and money.
This is Part 2 of our Automated Content Migration series. Check out Part 3, redesigning your website.