Configuring the Build
(Continued from Part 1)
The next step is to build the solution using MSBuild. We can use any other plug-in we want to achieve this goal.
First, we have to set-up the plug-in so we can select the path where the .NET Framework is located. We will build this project using the .NET Framework 4.
- In “Configure System” page, localize the “MSBuild Builder” section and set the name and the path to “MSBuild.exe” where this tool has been installed:
- Name: “MSBuild .NET Framework 4”
- Path to MSBuild.exe: “C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe”
- After this, go to the “Configure” page in the project’s main menu and under the Build section, click on the “Add build step” button and then select “Build a Visual Studio project or Solution using MSBuild”.
- MSBuild Version: “MSBuild .NET Framework 4”
- MSBuild Build File: “HudsonQualityTools.sln”. This is the name of the solution file we want to build.
- Command Line Arguments: “/p:Configuration=Release”. The parameters we want to use to build this solution. To read more information, go to MSBuild Command Line Reference.
To test those configurations, save the settings and build the solution. While the build is running you can check the console log that is updated as the build goes on.