13 Things to Ask a Potential CMS Implementation Partner
Finding your perfect implementation partner is a serious business. You are committing sizable time and resources to a project that will greatly impact your company's future. Like any relationship between individuals, it is one built off of trust and communication. Therefore, we have compiled a list of questions you should ask a prospective partner to determine if, together, you are the right fit for a successful project.
- How well do you know this CMS and its associated software? How long have you worked with it? What is your partner status?
- Is this CMS as easy to use as the software vendor says?
- Will I be talking to and working with the same team throughout this process? How often will these people communicate with me?
- Which team member will understand my business objectives and digital marketing goals, and ensure the solution meets these needs?
- What are your estimates for the timeline and the use of resources for this project, and have you done projects that compare in this way?
- For migration, what is your general strategy? Has your company considering using automated migration software?
- How many project hours do you estimate, and what will that include?
- Beyond your developers, how well does your design/UX team understand the capabilities of the CMS?
- Transparency is very important to me. How frequently do i get to see the progress?
- During the project, how will you handle unexpected changes in business needs or implementation challenges?
- Do you provide training to our staff? How does that work?
- What can I expect from your team if i need help after the project is completed?
- This new system has empowered me with many new capabilities. Can you help me optimize these features so that i may better achieve my business goals?