Oshyn builds enterprise ecommerce solutions to meet the demands of today’s consumers in B2B and B2C. We build ecommerce solutions that deliver on consumer usability and security while integrating the social networks that influence buying decisions: product review forums, blogs, Twitter, Facebook etc. On the back end, Oshyn can integrate ecommerce solutions (i.e. Magneto or Ubercart) with many systems: CMS, Point of Sale, ERP, accounting systems, inventory, shipping services, etc. We design ecommerce solutions to deliver real-time data, reduce overhead and to be highly extensible so that your ecommerce website can be further enhanced to grow with your business.
Usability & User Experience
Make no mistake, usability of ecommerce websites is crucial to keep customers returning and to reduce shopping cart abandonment. A well constructed ecommerce website minimizes friction in the buying process.
- Shipping costs
- International shipping
- Quick updates shopping cart
- Fast page load times
- Design templates to load large images quickly
- Offer registration to visitors but do not require it
- Provide visitors with reasons to register
- Make registration a simple process
- Internal search engine
- Large, easy-to-find search box
- Auto-complete in search engine to reduce typos
- Persistent shopping cart (returning purchasers who abandoned will find items in shopping cart)
- Easy-to-update shopping cart with easy to calculate shipping and taxes
- Display inventory available when shoppers view items
- Modal windows (focus on one content box while greying out others)
- Personalized content and geo location optimization
- Form optimization
- Mobile version of ecommerce website
- Create accompanying mobile applications (Android, iPad, iPhone)
- Let buyers create reviews
- Make it easy for visitors to search reviews
- Integrate with social platforms such as Facebook (Facebook Like, Facebook Connect)
The Right E-Commerce Platform
- Performance Testing
- Performance Optimization
- Accessibility to provide access to those visitors who need to access website without a keyboard or mouse
The right ecommerce platform depends on your business needs. Oshyn will work with you to assess your needs and help you choose the best solution whether it be an Open Source solution like Magneto, a commercial solution or a module of your WCM. Choosing the right ecommerce solution is critical to the success of your ecommerce website now and to allow for future growth as well as to ensure that there are acceptable development times and costs.
Understanding requirements is no simple task. After required features are defined, creating use cases and user personas can reveal new requirements. Oshyn will help you understand systems integration possibilities to maximize efficiency and automate processes. We will help you understand how content on the website will be managed, order fulfillment process and inventory tracking. When we begin developing your ecommerce website (or ecommerce website redesign) we will deploy our agile methodology to allow you to see progress in iterations and make changes during development to ensure that on launch-day your ecommerce website will deliver as expected. Oshyn will integrate systems using Service-Oriented Architecture to enable faster future development.
Oshyn Can Solve Even "Obscure" Ecommerce Issues
A leading Higher Education institution’s legacy mainframe system previously required multiple resources to manage the complex end-to-end manual order fulfillment process. While not an example that typically comes to mind when thinking of ecommerce, Higher Education would prefer students purchase from their institution and not commercial booksellers online. Oshyn developed a web-based Course Material Ordering System (CMOS) application that has increased fulfillment efficiency and lessened the workload by designing an interface that allows the entire process to be managed by a single user. The CMOS is now designed to handle more shipping requirements and automatically respond to exceptions such as changes in enrollment status. The new Course Material Ordering System was built in .NET, integrated with SunGard SCT Banner and leverages the TIBCO enterprise architecture to save time and improve accuracy through automation of the application’s information feeds across internal databases and Third Party Logistics.
Want to talk to an Oshyn ecommerce expert? Call us at (888) 483-1770 x100 or email us at email@example.com.