Social Media is driving up online engagement, according to a recent blog post on Content Management Connection “When Shift Hits The Fan” by Jay Deragon. In the post, Jay lists Social Media statistics from various sources such as:
- 3 out of 4 Americans use Social Technology. Forrester, The Growth of Social Technology Adoption, 2008
- 2/3 of the Global Internet Population Visit Social Networks. Nielson, Global Faces & Networked Places, 2009-08-27Visiting
- Social Sites is Now the 4th Most Popular Online Activity – Ahead of Personal Email, Faces & Networked Places, 2009
How are your Analytics?
How well does your current website track the analytics of your consumers? Do you know how they are arriving to your website and EXACTLY what they are doing once they get there? Do you have the means to make quick changes to your website to adapt to your visitors to make their experience more engaging and/or relevant to them?
Some features of the new Sitecore OMS
• Visitor Experience Analytics – allows you to track individual clicks instead of webpage trail to give you a more powerful view of how your visitors are engaging on your website.
• Segmentation Analysis – gives marketers the ability to profile visitors, break them into segments to better target marketing efforts
• Real-Time Site Personalization – adjust the content delivered in real-time based on behavior of visitor
• Campaign Management – multivariate testing that allows for precise understanding of response and effectiveness.